Wednesday, August 15, 2012

40 Projects by 40 | Felt Memory Game {#1}


For a long time I have more or less lived believing that creativity is something that hits you and when it does you run with it. In recent years the problem with that, for me, has been that when you are busy with lots of other highly practical things that need doing, I don't get still or quiet enough, often enough for creativity to hit.

I don't want this year to be another year with the only thing creative I do is scrapbook. I used to do more, so much more than that. I want to see if that talent God gave me two decades has totally shriveled up and died, or if it really is more of a muscle that needs to get back into shape.


Creative Project #1 {Felt Memory Game}

I decided to start out easy. I mixed practical (something the kids will play with) with a small bit of creativity. I had seen some felt memory games on pinterest. Thought I'd give it a try. I had all the supplies I needed in my felt and fabric scraps. I hand sewed them while I watched Heartland (a Canadian series I've been enjoying thanks to the local library).



One down, 39 to go!


cami

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." I Peter 4:8-11



No comments:

Post a Comment