Monday, August 6, 2012

Me | 40 Things to Do By 40

I turned 39 last week. It's a strange place to realize that you are so close to 40. I don't want to dread 40. I don't want to get there and feel incredibly old. (Truthfully I feel pretty old already some days, for more reasons than just the grey hair I'm seeing generously sprinkled throughout. Wisdom. I keep telling my self it's a sign of wisdom. And it doesn't always make me feel better.) I want to reach 40 feeling as if much has been accomplished and inspired to keep accomplishing more, even new things.

I'm a list girl. If it doesn't get on a list, it has little to no change of getting done. So a list seemed appropriate. Here's what made the list, at least the part I'm willing to share.



Read 40 books aloud to my kids.
Try 40 new recipes.
Send 40 encouraging notes, old-fashioned, hand-written and postmarked.
Make 40 things (paintings, drawings, projects).
Go to 40 new places.


Wish me luck!

cami
age 39

"Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created." James 1:16-18

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth. I'm most challenged by the "Make 40 Things". I haven't painted in years. It's probably the area of my life that has been the most neglected in the last decade (or two).

      Delete