Saturday, August 11, 2012

Milestone | Mercy's First Haircut

I knew the day was coming and frankly I have been putting it off. Mercy has needed a haircut. She's never had one. I think her hair was so slow growing in that I just never considered it. Then her hair became this huge identifier, for me, Mommy of the girl with long-red-hair-that-has-never-been-cut. But it needed a trim, for all the reasons you know if you're little girl has gone to nearly age six with never having cut her hair.


Before...

After...

What we left behind...

So we went together. She went first. He trimmed a good six inches off. I think she was a little disappointed, expecting more cut. Before she left she told Daniel several times, "I don't think you'll recognize me when I get home."

Me and Gracie (who felt a little left out)

I got a little more cut, but it looked like a lot more, because mine wasn't nearly as long as hers to start. And I've had mine cut a bunch. I was glad it was jut me and her.

I'm looking forward to taking Gracie, too, but we're holding out a while longer on that one.


cami

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." I Peter 4:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment