Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday | Rhythm and Routine

I love Mondays. Usually they signal getting back into a more predictable rhythm. I love rhythm and routine. It seems that motherhood is about perpetually finding a new rhythm and routine that works for this brief moment, this brief season that inevitably changes again so quickly. But for me, riding the waves well requires a healthy rhythm and routine. Without it I find it difficult to control my emotions and my patience is... lacking.

Monday is the day I do that. I try to keep Mondays sacred. No outside obligations, if at all possible, are scheduled for Mondays. I make my lists. Then our week ahead can fall into our rhythm, rather than it pushing us one way or another. If I skip this Monday step my week reflects it, ALL WEEK.

So I love Mondays, when I do Mondays well.

What my lists look like right now...


There is plenty to fill up our week. There won't be any lazy days. It's the last week before school starts and in so many ways I feel like our summer is already over. But I refuse discouragement. There is so much to be thankful for and everything that must get done, simply will. Since today is the last day this week that we'll be able to stay home all day, we're going to, and enjoy it.

What do you love about Mondays?

cami

Scripture I'm dwelling on right now:
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."
    - I Peter 4:8