Friday, September 21, 2012

40 New Recipes | #8 Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich

I have been watching The Food Network too much with my hubby lately. Pizza is my all time favorite food, but I love, love, love sandwiches. So when my hubby introduced me to the Sandwich King, Jeff Mauro I was in awe of the man who hosted a whole show about sandwiches. Yum!

Eric suggested that I try making his Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich. I'll warn you, it isn't a cheap meal, but honestly, I'm cheap and I think it was worth it.

I had my hubby pick out the meat, I don't pick out meat when it's expensive stuff because he says I get it wrong. I think it's a guy thing. And I'm okay with that.

Looks good, doesn't it?! The photo doesn't do it justice. The lighting in my kitchen is horrible, even still, my mouth is watering thinking about it. I wonder how long I need to wait before I can justify making it again.

But you don't need to wait.


So here are the ingredients to put on your shopping list...

Steak:
20-ounce boneless rib eye steak
Salt and pepper

Garlic Spinach:
3 T olive oil
4 cloves, thinly sliced
24-30 ounces fresh spinach
Salt and pepper

Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing:
2 T crumbled blue cheese
1/2 c buttermilk
1 c mayo
1/4 t Dijon mustard
1/2 t minced fresh dill
1/8 t black pepper

Sandwich:
Favorite crispy french bread, buttered and grilled

And when you get home from the grocery store, here is the link to Jeff Mauro's directions. Make it tonight!

cami

No comments:

Post a Comment