Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Family Life | First Day of School

It came so quickly, the end of summer, the beginning of a new school year.


Daniel was excited to start back to school. Several friends from the past two years were in his class this year and he loves learning. Daniel has two teachers this year, Mrs. G. on Mondays, Tuesdays, and every other Wednesday. Then he has Mrs. F. the other days. Fearless he walked down the hall to his classroom, put away his stuff and sat down at his desk. He did wipe off my kiss. Can't believe I kissed him without asking first. My boy is growing up.


It took a lot of coaxing to get Mercy to smile this morning. She was a lot more nervous about returning to school than Daniel. She's a young first grader, having just turned six a few days ago. But she was so excited to find out her friend E. was going to be in class with her. When we arrived we discovered that E. was sitting in her cluster of desks! Don't know how we missed that when we went to drop off school supplies last Friday, but it was a huge delight and made the kiss and wave good-bye so much easier!


Gracie fell apart when I didn't get her photo taken this morning. She's been telling everyone that her school is at home with Mommy. But she allowed me to brush away the tears and gave me the grandest smile when I pointed the camera at her.



Eric was unable to take today off, like he has in previous years. Lord-willing, next year when Gracie goes to Kinder he will. So my mom went with us, which helps and she was willing to take the photos of me with the kids in their classrooms.

Praying that Mercy's year with Mrs. L. will be as positive as Daniel's was last year. Mrs. L. did wonders at instilling confidence and an enthusiasm for learning in Daniel. Praying that stays with him this year, too!

cami

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures of the kids first day are great. I hope they had 100 great stories to tell you when they come home this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete