Thursday, September 6, 2012

Read Aloud Books | Stella Batts



I have been intentionally reading aloud to my kids a lot this summer. Easily the greatest book find of our summer has been Stella Batts. Reading it aloud has been as delightful as when we read Pippi Longstocking (more than a year ago). Stella Batts is written in the same easy to read, easy to understand cadence. The lists and descriptive thoughts of Stella left my kids (ages 7, 6, and 4) giggling through Stella's silly misadventures. It is well-written enough to delight the adult reader and silly enough to engage even my four year old. Every time we finished the last chapter the kids asked if I had the next one from the library yet. If you read aloud to your kids at all, or you wish you did and you need to know where to start, go get Pippi Longstocking, THEN put these ones on hold at your local library. We love them!

cami

No comments:

Post a Comment