Monday, September 10, 2012

Right Now | Crows Feet and Grey Hair


Right now I am loving that Gracie and I go to the bus stop together every day to wait for Daniel and Mercy to get off the bus. Gracie doesn't want to miss it. If you know me, you know that I am a bit paranoid about being late and am usually early for everything. Yep, even for picking up the kids at the bus stop, in my driveway. I love that it gives me a few minutes outside with Gracie without the distraction of any chores. None. Okay, I might notice that the lawn needs mowing, but that's the ONLY outside chore that falls to me and I can't really do that while waiting for the bus, so I focus on Gracie, just Gracie. She always wants to do one of two things. First, play this game where she runs full speed down the driveway, straight into my arms. Or, second, use my camera to take pictures of everything, at intentionally interesting angles (thank-you, Uncle Andy, I think).

Last Friday I talked her into letting me hold the camera and get a picture of us. She loved it and wanted me to do it again and again. As I flipped through the photos afterwards I couldn't find any that didn't show my grey hair and crows feet (I didn't even know what those were until I had them). For a minute it made me feel old, until I looked at my smile and realized, I don't care because right now I am happier than I have ever been in my whole life.

cami

"You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and the new wine abound." Psalm 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Cami! How nice to be content, no, happy, with where you are in life! A heart filled with great joy... what a lovely place to be!

    ReplyDelete