Wednesday, November 7, 2012

40 Creative Projects | #2 Twig Fall Bucket List

The quieter days I carved out for myself this Fall helped motivate me to start (and finish) a few projects that I would have been otherwise too busy to think about doing.

This one was right down the heart of the reason for slowing down and eliminating the things that weren't necessary. I made a bucket list of things that I wanted to do with my family sometime this Fall. No deadline. No pressure. Just great ideas to look forward to.


Here's some of what made our list:
  • Carve a pumpkin.
  • Play Sorry.
  • Go for a bike ride.
  • Collect Fall leaves.
  • Go to a pumpkin patch.
  • Make thankful tree.
  • Help at the Special Needs Dinner.
  • Deliver treats to Grampy and Grammy.
  • Read a chapter book aloud.
  • Movie Marathon.
  • Late night family donut run.
  • Go on a backyard scavenger hunt.
  • Indoor family Nerf gun war.
  • Make cupcakes, decorate, and deliver.

I wanted to use supplies I had on hand. Originally I had planned to to do a garland, like I saw somewhere on pinterest. So I went to the garage to look for rope I could use. No luck. But I found these twigs that I bought more than ten years ago, before I was married, at Pier One. My husband doesn't throw anything away, and at the moment I was thankful. I grabbed the twigs and decided to make a scrappy tree.



I took my bucket list and printed right on to patterned scrapbook paper (all scraps I'd gotten from my grandma). I ran them through my printer, but there's no reason you could just write directly onto the scrapbook paper.

Then we started doing the things on our bucket list. As we did, we took pictures and replaced the places on the tree. I love the idea and am already writing my bucket list for the Christmas season.

Click here to see more of my 40 Creative Projects by 40 posts.

cami

No comments:

Post a Comment