Thursday, December 27, 2012

Project Life | Week Fifty-One


I am getting to the end of my first year of Project Life. Sort of. I mean, I'm not really doing Project Life because I am not using the Project Life product, just their wonderful, wonderful concept. Truly brilliant and completely doable, by anyone! A friend recently asked me if I was going to do it again next year. Without a doubt, YES! The concept works so well with my personality type. I have loved (and needed) the accountability of checking in each Tuesday at The Mom Creative and linking up. And now that the habit has been established, I don't know that I will be doing it quite so publicly next year. One of the things that I have started to do more and more since starting Project Life is journal on my scrapbook pages. Let's just be honest, that can get to be quite personal (too personal to leave hanging out there for anyone to read, any time). And I know that I don't have an audience base that is very large (just friends and family look), but I want to be even more transparent than I have been, giving my kids the gift of my thoughts, feelings, dreams, and attempts to help them grow into all that God desires for them. Laying it all out there, without the context of family life can appear distorted. And I want to be honest about our parenting successes and our parenting failures. And really, it's not that important to you, at least not as important as it is to me, Eric and our kids. So for the most part, we're going to keep that stuff private.

With that decision made (after much thought and prayer) I don't know what this space will look like after December 31. I may blog once a week or once a month or not at all. I don't know. Since making the decision not to blog so much (at least publicly) I have experienced a peace that has enabled me to enjoy what I am doing WITH my family so much more. SO I am not committing to anything, not even shutting down the old blog.

But here is week 51. I'll be posting week 52, as well, when we're done with those days.

Delighting in the gift of Christ this season,

cami

No comments:

Post a Comment