Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Morning Musings | Trail of Beauty

I have cut my blog subscriptions way back, w-a-a-a-a-a-a-y back. Maybe it was my husbands annoyance whenever  he sat down at my computer and saw sixty or more unread emails. Daily. Or maybe I got tired of clicking delete more often than clicking open. I thinned back. So now I just get a few from people I don't know in real life. (I kept connected to my real life friends because I care about their thoughts and happenings. It's the people I don't know in real life that I was ruthless with.) And I'm good with that.

With a thinned down in bin I actually read what was in there this morning. This post and one other. Interestingly both by the same blogger, my current favorite, Emily Freeman who blogs at Chatting at the Sky. Meaty and artful. Always worth my time. Her words this morning boiled down to this statement for me:

"There is a trail of beauty just waiting to be left behind you."

I'm going to make that into something pretty to put on the window over my kitchen sink. I need to remember that. I need to see it more than just this morning. What about you? Talk about uplifting, inspiring, and encouraging. (I long to be a big encourager of other woman and I am making conscience efforts to encourage others more.) I read another post yesterday (sorry I can't remember where) that talked about how Pinterest was terrible for women because it leaves all women with a sense of inadequacy and makes us all feel like we don't measure up. And really, Pinterest is a fantasy world. Nobody's real life reflects their pins, pins reflect what you want to be. Honestly, probably more where you feel you don't measure up, rather than where and how you succeed. At least that's me. Go look. You'll see it differently when you look at it through that filter.

What is the "trail of beauty" that God wants you to leave behind you? He wants me to encourage more, to call out the good and beauty in others.

Now it's your turn. Go. Do. Be who He created you to be. He has already given you everything you need to do it.

cami

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life." 2 Peter 1:3


No comments:

Post a Comment