Friday, April 5, 2013

Digital Project Life | Page Protectors

I want to start out by saying how sweet many of you have been with your comments. We've had a rough week around here. The hubby has been sick and it's Spring Break. One of those things tends to lessen the joy of the other. The hubby passed out twice and so I haven't felt comfortable leaving him alone. Your kind words to me this week, about my design work has been a bit of sunshine in an otherwise grey week. So thank you to those who have taken the extra time to leave thoughtful words. You've blessed me.

But on to the next freebie, one I've been thinking about doing. Being forced to stay home has had a silver lining...


Download the page protectors here.

I have had a few questions about the digital page protectors that I use. I do make my own, in Adobe Illustrator, where I do 99% of all my design work. I knew it could be done, so I played around until I got an effect I really liked. I also liked how a light grey background gave a more realistic feel to my page than a stark white background. I really wanted to provide these as PNG files (giving a transparent background), but I couldn't figure out how to get them to show up. Perhaps with Photoshop they'd show, but they didn't place properly in Illustrator, so I went with the grey background. Too much info for those of you who don't care. But if you are another Illustrator fan, feel free to give me tips on how to get fine lines to to show up in PNG files. I'm eager to learn.

With these, they should work well for you if you put them in the background, like your scrapbook paper. I'll keep tweaking and perhaps I will be able to come up with some PNG versions eventually. For now, enjoy the JPG files!

Also, remember that these are perfectly square, so you can rotate and flip the files to get even more variety out of these 12 layouts!

Have fun!

cami

8 comments:

  1. Cami!

    I am so sorry to hear about your husband! I hope he is feeling better soon!
    I also wanted to say THANK YOU for all the freebies you are creating! They are AWESOME! And, so GREATLY appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. He is is 100% now. His body can only go so long and then it DEMANDS that he stops.
      Thank you for your kind words about the freebies, too. I love offering them.

      Delete
  2. I hope your husband is better soon. These page protectors has the layout possibilites I needed right now, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. So glad the page protectors will work for you!

      Delete
  3. oh no! hope he is better really soon! thank you sooo much for the wonderful designs, I always love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to thank you for sharing all of your project life cards with us!! What a great way to be a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just posted another small kit a few minutes ago. Enjoy!

      Delete