Friday, April 19, 2013

Welcome Weekend

Welcome sweet weekend. You're the one I have been waiting for and planning for. Thank you for coming (finally) so that I can run away with the love of my life.

This morning is for final chores and packing.

I'll be packing...

A stack of books, including: Come Thirsty and Cure for the Common Life (both by Max Lucado), Life with God and Celebration of Discipline (both by Richard Foster) and The Invisible Woman, When Only God Sees (by Nicole Johnson) which I couldn't help but already start reading.

My new running shoes: We plan on doing a hike or two while we are kid-less. I've been training for my first 5K, exclusively on a treadmill. I am eager to actually enjoy God's scenery during my workouts this week.

My camera: I am going to see if I can take pictures of the other things in the world beside my children. Prayerful that the Lord will help me see through the lens with a freshness.

DVDs on loan from the library (Monarch of the Glen) and my coziest robe and slippers.

Sketch paper: I'm not bringing my computer. I don't have a laptop (though the hubby does), so I will be without the computer all week. Sigh. I plan to sketch and create in my head and hopefully return with lots of inspiration for Project Life.

Might even pack my watercolor paints and paper.

My dear sweet husband. (Or maybe he's packing me.)

May your weekend be blessed with a getaway of your own, even if it's ten minutes captured behind a locked bathroom door this weekend.

cami

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful and exciting that you two get to go away together. I hope you have the most amazing and relaxing time. I'll be praying for God to really make it a special and rejuvenating time for you, a time where your vision for your marriage is refreshed! Can't wait to hear more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete