Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Project Life | Week Thirteen

My creativity has been in a bit of a funk lately. I thought that my week away would rejuvenate my creativity too. It didn't, rather the opposite. It did a lot of fabulous things, but the one itty-bitty downside to my glorious vacation is that I returned and had next to no motivation to work on my Project Life pages.

What do you do when you are in a creative funk?

I have to learn better ways than my normal methods of returning to the land of inspiration. I either just abandon all creative projects until the mood returns. (So not good when you're four or five weeks behind on Project Life.) Or I pull an all-night design party and in the wee hours of the morning my creativity kicks back on. I don't know if it's the exhaustion, the uninterrupted quiet, the clearing the clutter from my desk and the consolidating of my many little lists into one big list, or the fourth cup of coffee... but something shifts. The problem with this scenario is that I am the mommy of three kids and I don't have a nanny. My husband always gets terribly annoyed when I stay up too late. He insists I'm not very nice when I function on a few hours of sleep. And when he says so I usually give him a sour face and protest rudely, pointing out one or more of his short-comings, thus making his point for him.

I haven't pulled a near all-night party lately. So that's why we are all they way back at week 13 (that's in March, people!).




I didn't resort to a near all-night project life party just to get caught up. Maybe it had something to do with what my youngest said to me when she climbed up on my lap (while I was working at my computer, trying to get inspired). She told me when she grew up she was going to "do computer". Then she followed it up with, "You're a grown-up and you do computer more than you play with us." Ouch.

So, I'm going to go to bed now. And when tomorrow comes, I am not going to be a grumpy mommy so that I can "do play".

cami

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Gracie's comment....it hits you in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it??? What a good reminder for ALL of us! It's so much better to be living life and being engaged in what's going on around us, than to have our life perfectly documented. And even though you didn't pull an all-nighter, your pages still look great!

    ReplyDelete