Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Project Life | Week Twenty-One


Really, who doesn't love birthdays? One of the things I stress out about is accidently excluding someone. I have felt on the receiving end of exclusion in my life and it is a feeling I want to avoid. But, honestly, birthdays can be hard, especially when siblings are involved. The number of guests can quickly balloon a bit unreasonably. Mercy's birthday (when she turned five) had twenty-something kids on the guest list. So this year we decided to have Gracie's party when her siblings were in school. It worked out beautifully because all of her friends' siblings were also in school and so there wasn't that challenge. It also made it easier to make the party truly age appropriate. And it was fun. Gracie had so much fun. And so did I. The mommies of her friends are all dear friends of mine too and it was so fun to chat. Plus we had it at my parents house! Much easier than the stress of having to have my whole house clean. My parents' yard was perfect, even before they recently bought a beautiful play set from Costco.


My brother is an amazing photographer. All the really great shots in the layout are his. I hope he never moves out of the area. Not ever. The kids adore "Uncle".

How have you been partying lately?

cami

"All the days of the oppressed are wretched,
     but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."
Proverbs 15:15

No comments:

Post a Comment