Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Project Life | Week Twenty-Six

Getting at least to the current month can take a lot of pressure off when it comes to Project Life. And I am finally there. This is the last week in June.


Not a lot of embellishment this week, mostly just photos. I did pull the gingham pattern from my June Freebies. You can download that here. And the doily is one of my favorite things and was actually available with my April Freebies. You can download it here.


These photos felt so magical for me. The lighting was lovely. They were some of the last good photos I took with my Nikon D60 before it died. The shutter just gave up. I read online it's a common problem. My good husband even took the camera apart to lubricate the gear (a suggested fix that was also noted was only a temporary one). He declared it dead. Sigh. We'll put off replacing the camera, there are a lot of other expenses right now. Major repairs on the mini van. A planned family vacation around the corner. A printer that died (after ten years) that begs to be replaced. A Mac tower that has served us very well, but needs to be retired before it just stops working completely. (We are just waiting for the Mac Pro to release, which they promise will happen this year.) Software that will need to be upgraded when we purchase a new computer. So the camera seems to sift somewhere at the bottom of some of those other things. As it should. And really I have a very nice handy pocket size camera that Eric purchased for a trip to China that hasn't happened yet. So there will still be pictures. And my brother is going to loan me the body of one of his cameras, which is probably nicer than my D60 because he's a really good photographer and has very good cameras. Feeling more and more blessed as I ramble.

It's a good thing when rambling leads to counting blessings, don't you think?

cami

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's VERY good when rambling leads to counting our blessings. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete