July has been full. Not an optimist's glass. Not a filled to the brim walk very carefully glass. More like a glass being held too long under a faucet running full bore. And in the fullness I learned...
- Grace is for me.
- I am much better "running" short distances than long ones.
- My mother-in-law says "I love you" by looking for my favorite worship songs in easy piano sheet music, so I can learn to play it myself.
- My mother-in-law loves me even more than I realized last month.
- I should hula-hoop with Mercy more. Hula-hooping is a little bit fun and hearing her laugh at me is a lot fun.
- Simple tasks are lots more difficult when you're worried that you are going to mess up.
- God cares about giving me what I need. After weeks of constantly going and being really quite weary our van went in the shop and stayed there, all week. Left with just the truck, I was unable to transport all the kids anywhere, making staying home not simply a preferred choice. An oddly packaged gift from God to me, I think.
Good-bye July. Hello August!