Monday, July 1, 2013

Some of What I've Learned {June}


Oh June. It's been humbling.

Every year I think, this is the summer that we will slow down. This June, on the last day, I conceded that it didn't happen and won't happen if/when I say yes to VBS.

I've been wrong about some of my gifts. Makes me wonder what else I've been wrong about.

I see the hardest way first.

Even though I see the hardest way first, it doesn't need to be the only way I see, if I am patient with myself.

I always notice the empty part of the glass, even when I force myself not to mention it.

I over plan.

I am too impatient with those who under plan.

I struggle with guilt, kind of a lot. I make mistakes, on a regular basis, that eat me up, enough that I can't sleep. Relational mistakes and not keeping a tight reign on my tongue are the top two sins that I find most difficult.

Everybody has at least one personal story big enough to skew their entire perspective on at least one thing. Self included.

Painting signs feels like I'm coloring. I love it.

Even the hard days can end well with a popsicle on the porch.

What have you learned in June?

cami

3 comments:

  1. "Everybody has at least one personal story big enough to skew their entire perspective on at least one thing. Self included." I love that. So true. I think I'll be pondering that for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that - swimming can make the crankiest kid happy and the most tired mama content (to sit and watch)

    I've learned that 5 year olds need some personal space and also added responsibility

    I've learned that I'm just as guilty of gossip and not handling things right just as much as the next person that I complain about.

    I've learned that His mercies come in all kind of ways, like swimming, a good conversation, worship, even sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should paint more, worry less, and realize that GOD LOVES YOU Cami BLUE and so do I! :)

    ReplyDelete