Monday, September 16, 2013

Digital Freebie {07} | The Fruit of the Spirit


Download the Fruit of the Spirit Freebie Kit HERE.

There is a bit of a story to go along with this week's freebie kit. I've heard of swear jars, you know if you're caught saying a bad word you put a quarter in the jar... Well, I decided a while back that it would be fun to have a jar that you put something in when you caught a family member doing something good. We had recently read the fruits of the Spirit passage (Galatians 5:22-23) and I thought that would be a great positive twist to the swear jar concept. The kids, who have never heard of a swear jar loved the idea without needing anything to compare it to. Instead of quarters, we put in marshmallows. The kids can catch each other doing things that qualify (showing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, or self-control) and go get a marshmallow and put it in the jar. You can't draw attention to your own good deed, but it helps them to look for the good in each other. My youngest has gotten stuck on "kindness". It's the only one she remembers, but she finds kind acts more than the rest of us find all the fruits of the Spirit combined. She does love to fill that jar.

We filled the jar to the top this past week and when that happens we get to have s'mores. So we had a s'more eating party and it was delicious. But it got me thinking a bit about the fruit of the Spirit and I thought it might make for a fun kit.

Enjoy!

cami

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you don't have any comments yet on this great idea. I love it. I found your free printable on Pinterest and had to pin it, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful job ! thank you a lot ! I share the link here : https://www.facebook.com/LMIlesptitscadeauxPL?ref=hl and there : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/project-life-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely freebie! I love the idea of the marshmallow "fruits" jar. May need to try that with my kids.

    ReplyDelete