Monday, October 28, 2013

About

If you are like me, gratitude doesn't just happen. Left to my own self I can get a little lot grumbly. I sometimes almost always dwell on what I wish think I could should have. It's not pretty. It's not who I want to be and more importantly it isn't God's best for me or my family. (And I'll be honest and admit that my family sees the worst of it.)

I was reading in the second chapter of Colossians, a passage that talks about how Life with Christ isn't meant to be a lot of rules, but freedom from a lot of regulations, which was a very common part of religious practice in that time. I know that can sound like some church experiences today too. The idea isn't that what we do isn't important, but that if our heart and attitude are congruent with who we know Christ to be, what flows out of that should be a good thing.
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6
Overflowing. Love that. I definitely want to be overflowing with thankfulness.

In preparation for Thanksgiving (when I can naturally overflow with busyness, rather than thankfulness), I want to set aside daily moments alone with God's presence, to slow down and intentionally dwell in gratitude.

Consider joining me.

cami

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see this today. I feel the same way and that's why I slow down in November and really look for the things to be thankful for and my heart is always overfilled with gratitude. This year I'm doing a few things at home and sharing them on my blog too. I'm making my first ever little prayer, thankful journal and hope to show the pages daily along with what I'm thankful for that day.
    We as a family also fill out thankful leaves daily about what we are thankful for and hang them in the kitchen, this is my favorite part each year. I save them and keep them in my Project Life album.
    Sending you a BIG THANK YOU for sharing a little bit of goodness each day. I will be happy to join you this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be following along with YOU too!

      Delete