Monday, December 30, 2013

December Daily Meets Project Life | Week Fifty-One

I haven't been around here (the blog) lately. And so my posting of my December Daily pages has lagged behind. But I'm getting caught up. Here is our 51st week of Project Life, with our December Daily pages incorporated.

Here is Week 51, side by side:


And here are the December Daily pages within this week:


No embellishments. So simple.



December 16 ad 17 was the crux of what I have been mulling on over the past couple of weeks. It really started to take shape and solidify in my heart in time for the kids' time off from school. We have all truly needed down time. Time when we prioritized taking care of our family life needs. We are a bunch of introverts (except Gracie), with some regular demands that would benefit from some extrovert gifts that we simply don't have. We're significantly depleted by this time of the year.


In our world there is almost nothing more wonderful than the very first night, when the entire vacation is stretched out in front of you.



I could hardly believe the beautiful gift of snow we were given. Perfect enough to run, play, build our own version of Olaf, but not be stranded for days and stress about dangerous driving to the grocery store.


One of the most significant things we did differently this year was limit the number of gifts we gave to the kids. I know by some people's standards we aren't over the top in our giving. (We've always stuck with a pretty modest budget.) But, even with a modest budget there can be a lot of little things given. We decided fewer gifts, which forced us to really think about things would MOST please and delight within our budget. It turned out to be a very, very good thing for our family this year.

I am so thankful for the life I've been given. Documenting it helps me remember that!

cami

2 comments:

  1. I really love the photo of the kids looking out the window at the snow! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! That very photo was the happiest surprise when I uploaded my pictures a week after the fact. I loved how it turned out too!

      Delete