Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day | An Easy Classmate Valentine

I totally confess that last year we went and bought a box of valentine's that the kids wrote names on. I don't remember any treats, nothing homemade. It's often how we roll.


To say that I was ambitious this year isn't really a true statement. I saw this idea on Pinterest (multiple places so I won't link to one) and thought it looked easy. It was. I made the mistake of showing it to the kids, who thought it was awesome. So I was a little bit stuck when it was down to the last day and it had to be done. We don't have a printer at the house, so they had to be sent to Bartells first.

You'll notice that Daniel's is different. He's intentionally blurred in the background. His was taken indoor and so the lighting was kind of lousy. His shirt was also one made in the classroom and I wasn't really wanting to show up all the little details of his marker creations on it. So I focused on his fist, which I think gave his an interesting look. The girls, on the other hand would want their face to be the focus, so it was.

I love how they turned out.

We actually attached these to some card stock so that the kids could write who it was to on the backside.

I learned that Daniel is most definitely NOT a crafter. He got so frustrated by the simplest of tasks. The girls on the other hand, could have kept crafting another hour.

What kind of Valentine's have you done this year? Post links in the comments. I'd love to see them.

cami

2 comments:

  1. I love this!
    I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. No pressure to participate!
    http://www.jesstock.com/2014/02/sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete