Friday, January 16, 2015

Project Life | Week 01



Left Side



Right Side


I've officially started. I have had my photos printed for a few days, but just sat down last evening to get started on my first pages. I don't plan to use one kit exclusively. I have two kids, Midnight Edition and Blush Edition. I really like both. I plan to sprinkle my own designs throughout.


I don't know if I will use my silhouette all year to cut out the month cards, but I like the way it looks. I used the font Kavya Confident. I modified it before cutting, to thicken up the lines. I did this by offsetting the font (0.025). Then I deleted the smaller version. I was pleased with how it turned out.


Here is a detail of one of my cards. It's a doodled frame on a 4x6 pocket card. The text is hand-written. Handwriting is so much quicker and I really like the personalized touch. You can download this pocket card, along with four others for free HERE. When I designed them I meant for them to frame photos, but I really like what text looks like in them. The 3x4 pocket cards from the same set you can download HERE.


This week we went back to school. I used one of the Midnight Edition fold over cards. I put the basic routine on the outside. Inside is more of the story, specifically about the use of the electronic devices in the morning. I like having these kinds of things documented.


Also from the Midnight Edition, I cut out this heart and added it to the photo for a little dimension.

Not a lot of color in this first layout. I kind of like that. It makes me feel like I'm starting with a clean slate, free to go any number of directions, without locking me in too early with a color plan. I like my Project Life books to have a cohesive look, color can play such a big role in making that happen.

So happy to be moving into a new year and a new book!

cami

2 comments: