Wednesday, December 9, 2015

December Daily 2015 | Day Eight {Our DYI Fence Board Feature Wall}


Oh how I love this man. He does so much for me. Almost always it's without complaint. Usually even several hours into a project I can get him to smile.


Our children's spaces at our church haven't been updated in years. Sometimes it seems we have more bulletin boards downstairs than kids in each classroom. Though that's exaggerated, the need to update the spaces to give them a less cluttered, more contemporary vibe is very real. Eric and I were tasked to start in one classroom because it needed to transition to a large group meeting room, which meant that the need for clutter removal had more to do with the need for space and less to do with aesthetic tastes. But while we were clearing the clutter and freeing up floor space, we decided to update it as well.


When we were prepping the room last week the kids were a tremendous help carrying load after load to a storage building (until we can decide what stays and what goes away). Their reward? This time around they got to have a HUGE chunk of tablet time.


Our very orange canvas needed breaking up. To add interest to the room I got these six foot fence boards, layering them to give both interest and texture to the room.


I love how it turned out.


Did I mention how much I love this man?


Did I happen to mention the wall cost about $25 in supplies? And no, we aren't planning to leave that silly power cord running down the wall and across the floor like that. An electrician we know is going to take care of making it all kid-friendly and safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment